The Plutus Foundation is pleased to offer internships for college students and recent college graduates who would like to expand their experience in the nonprofit sector. Interns with the Plutus Foundation will be included, valued, and productive. Interns are expected to demonstrate a keen interest in nonprofit work, financial literacy, and a field of study related to the position.
Social Media Intern (remote)
The Plutus Foundation Social Media Intern will work part-time on social media campaigns, creative content generation, video/photo production, and general brand awareness to generate engagement and awareness of the Plutus Awards and Plutus Foundation. Campaigns and projects will be in sync with overall marketing strategies and will be managed to target metrics such as cost per lead.
- Manage creative personal finance community content for our social media accounts
- Help develop social media images through Canva
- Manage answer/question through Twitter chats in the personal finance community
- Help manage engagement on social media
- Spark conversation and engagement on social media
- Experience with digital marketing and social media marketing
- Familiar and experienced with content production, creative design and generating results through visual expression
- Excellent communication skills, deadline driven and ability to provide status updates and report results
- Professional ambition in a marketing related field would be preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Analytical and able to interpret, manipulate, and summarize data to draw sound logical conclusions
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong administrative skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong computer skills
- Graphic design and video production experience is a bonus!
What You’ll Learn
- How to manage social media for a brand
- How to use Sprout Social, a fantastic social media marketing tool
- How a non-profit organization works together to put on events, raise funds, spark community engagement, and support its mission
- How to develop 12-month marketing plans and strategies
- How to develop content calendars
- How to manage influencer campaigns
- How to manage social media during large events
For some college students, the Plutus Foundation will work with your academic advisor to provide the documentation necessary for qualification for college credit.
About the Plutus Foundation
The Plutus Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that provides grant money and resources to foster opportunities for the financial media to create, develop, and administer community-based programs that enhance financial literacy, education, and empowerment.