Call for Grant Proposals
The Plutus Foundation will award two grants directly to members of the financial media for activities and programs designed to provide community based financial education. Applicants may request funds for new or ongoing projects. Collaborative projects are encouraged. The funds available for each grant is $2,000.
The term for each grant is one year (April 1, 2018 through March 31, 2019).
Members of the financial media, including but not limited to bloggers, podcasters, vloggers, journalists, speakers, and authors, are invited to apply.
All proposals must include:
- Statement of relevance to the mission of The Plutus Foundation
- Target audience
- Program outline and structure
- Any achievements, awards, national or local press (for existing programs)
- Deliverables and outcomes
- Program budget
- Contact information and biography for project manager
The grant will fund program related activities such as materials (eg., workbooks, flyers, slides), overhead (eg., vendor table fee, licensing for images, domain name purchase), and other expenses directly related to program creation and service delivery. Awarded monies shall not be used for:
- Staff salaries including but not limited to virtual assistants, website designers, and consultants;
- Entertainment expenses including meals, alcohol, and membership in professional organizations;
- More than 50% of travel and transportation costs
If you are unsure if the expenditure you want to propose is allowable, please email Jana Lynch, Director of Grants and Programs, at [email protected]
Spring 2018 proposal deadline: March 15, 2018, 11:59 pm ET
Apply for the grant and submit your proposal below.
All submitted proposals will be evaluated by a committee comprised of Plutus Foundation board members and will be reviewed for mandatory criteria as well as cohesiveness with The Plutus Foundation mission. Proposals that are incomplete or do not align with the mission will be eliminated from consideration.
Based on the results of the evaluation, the programs most aligned with the mission of the Plutus Foundation will be selected as the recipients. However, if the committee decides that no proposal sufficiently meets the criteria, no grants will be awarded and the call for proposals will be reissued. If a proposal is selected and is unable to fulfill the contract with The Plutus Foundation, the grant may be terminated and awarded to the next qualified respondent.
Grant recipients will be announced on March 31, 2018. Winners will be notified by email and on Plutus Foundation social media accounts.
- Recipients will submit, quarterly, outcomes and deliverables
- Recipients will submit, quarterly, an expense report and upon request, receipts for expenses
Failure to submit this information may result in discontinuation of grant disbursements.
About the Plutus Foundation
The Plutus Foundation provides opportunities for the financial media to create, develop, and administer community based programs that enhance financial literacy, education, and empowerment.
The Plutus Foundation is a 501c(3) registered nonprofit foundation.