The COVID-19 pandemic is disrupting our lives and probably the economy right now. Unfortunately, there’s a good chance that you’ll be impacted and need some help.
The good news is that the Plutus Community is doing what it can to provide help and resources. We held a webinar with some amazing community members last week and we’ve collected some of the efforts from around the personal finance interwebs to provide you with helpful information for this time.
If you have a good resource from a member of the Plutus Community, please drop it in the comments!
For a hub of coronavirus resources, from financial to mental health to educational, check out the efforts of Erin from Broke Millennial. Jacob Wade, from I Heart Budgets, also has a great, comprehensive overview of COVID-19 resources.
Additionally, if you want some social interaction, FinCon is organizing virtual meetups.
Emergency Budgeting and Preparedness
- Hoping to put together an emergency budget? Jacob Wade from I Heart Budgets offers a great primer.
- Problems and Projects also has a solid guide to preparing for short-term emergencies.
- Over at Phroogal, Jason Vitug has ideas for reducing the financial impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on your finances.
- If you’re not sure how to prepare for the next catastrophe, Tread Lightly, Retire Early offers some helpful advice on how they stocked up.
- Financial Freedom Countdown offers some helpful hints on how to prepare your finances for the recession that is likely triggered by the pandemic.
- Tori Dunlap from Her First $100K has a spreadsheet focusing on matching those looking for work with those who want to hire.
- Trying to decide what to do about your student loans? His and Her Fi offers some insight.
- His and Her Fi also offers updated resources for student loan relief right now.
- Trying to figure out how to homeschool? Sarah Potter from Mother of Marketing has put together solid schedules to help you manage your day.
Personal Finance Tips and Resources
- Athena Lent is offering regular Instagram Lives on this issue, providing practical advice for this time.
- Likewise, Kara Perez is breaking down concepts related to the economic fallout on the We Bravely Go Instagram account. Find out what all of these actually means.
- Money Saved is Money Earned has its own collection of practical tips for those seeing the financial impacts of coronavirus.
- If you’re concerned about what’s happening with the stock market, Melanie Lockert’s piece for Vice can be a big help in calming you down.
- Kelly Phillips Erb, Taxgirl, has a look at what you can expect from the tax stimulus checks.
- Kelly also has an article about what the IRS is doing to ease things for taxpayers right now, in addition to moving the filing and payment deadline to July 15.
- If you’re facing financial abuse, Hey Berna has an amazing thread on Instagram full of great resources.
- Also for those facing financial abuse, the Plutus Foundation has a number of helpful articles and resources.