Call for Grant Proposals
The Plutus Foundation will award up to three grants directly to members of the financial media for activities and programs designed to provide community-based financial education. Applicants may request funds for new or ongoing projects. Collaborative projects are encouraged. The amount of funds available for each grant is $2,000.
The term for each grant is one year (October 1, 2020, through September 30, 2021).
Members of the financial media, including but not limited to bloggers, podcasters, vloggers, journalists, speakers, and authors, are invited to apply.
All proposals must include:
- Statement of relevance to the mission of The Plutus Foundation
- Target audience
- Program outline and structure
- Any achievements, awards, national or local press (for existing programs)
- Deliverables and outcomes
- Program budget
- Contact information and biography for the project manager
The grant will fund program-related activities such as materials (eg., workbooks, flyers, slides), overhead (eg., vendor table fee, licensing for images, domain name purchase), and other expenses directly related to program creation and service delivery. Awarded monies shall not be used for:
- Staff salaries including but not limited to virtual assistants, website designers, and consultants;
- Entertainment expenses including meals, alcohol, and membership in professional organizations;
- More than 50% of travel and transportation costs
If you are unsure if the expenditure you want to propose is allowable, please email Sherrian Crumbley, Grant Manager, at [email protected].
Apply for the grant and submit your proposal using the form below.
All submitted proposals will be evaluated by the grant management team and will be reviewed for mandatory criteria as well as cohesiveness with The Plutus Foundation mission. Proposals that are incomplete or do not align with the mission will be eliminated from consideration.
Based on the results of the evaluation, the programs most aligned with the mission of the Plutus Foundation will be selected as the recipients. However, if the committee decides that no proposal sufficiently meets the criteria, no grants will be awarded and the call for proposals will be reissued. If a proposal is selected and is unable to fulfill the contract with The Plutus Foundation, the grant may be terminated and awarded to the next qualified respondent.
Recipients will be notified by email and on Plutus Foundation social media accounts. They will also be acknowledged during our upcoming Plutus Awards.
- Recipients will submit, quarterly, outcomes and deliverables;
- Recipients will submit, quarterly, an expense report, and upon request, receipts for expenses.
Failure to submit this information may result in discontinuation of grant disbursements.
We are extending the grant submittal period. Please submit your grant proposal by midnight on September 28, 2020.
About the Plutus Foundation
The Plutus Foundation provides opportunities for the financial media to create, develop, and administer community-based programs that enhance financial literacy, education, and empowerment.
The Plutus Foundation is a 501c(3) registered nonprofit foundation.